On this page you can read about:
- Software you may need for your Tesla
- News about Tesla’s own new Software ( & Software Easter Eggs 😉 )
The best function of this module is that in case the charge is disconnected the module will sent an SMS to my cell phone to inform me that the charge was interrupted. This gives me the chance to reconnect the electric power to the roadster. So you do not have to wait and permanently check your power connection.
Here is the description what the OVMS group is writing about the module.
The OVMS (Open Vehicle Monitoring System) team is a group of enthusiasts who are developing a means to remotely communicate with our cars, and are having fun while doing it.OVMS Userguide Tesla Roadster
The OVMS module is a low-cost hardware device that you install in your car simply by installing a SIM card, connecting the module to your car’s Diagnostic port connector, and positioning a cellular antenna. Once connected, the OVMS module enables remote control and monitoring of your car.for details and ordering
The Tesla Motors app puts Model S owners in direct communication with their cars anytime, anywhere. With this initial release, owners can:
- Check charging progress in real time and start or stop charge
- Heat or cool Model S before driving — even if it’s in a garage
- Locate Model S with directions or track its movement across a map
- Flash lights or honk the horn to find Model S when parked - Vent or close the panoramic roof
- Lock or unlock from afar